Micromax MMX 352G is a very good plug and play 3G USB Modem and can give upto 7.2 mbps downlink. The modem supports the Operating Systems
- Windows 7/Vista/XP
- Linux Ubuntu 9.10, 10.04
- Mac 10.6
But with the release of Windows 8, the upgraded Windows users are facing some problems with this modem. The modem Micromax MMX 352G is not working on Windows 8 due to its incompatibility. The modem drivers are not installed on Windows 8. But don't worry, because I am going to share a trick with you by which you can use your MMX 352G 3G USB Modem on your Windows 8 PC.
To install the Micromax 352G Modem Drivers in your Windows 8 PC, please follow the steps given below:
- Connect the modem to your PC.
- Open the folder containing the installation files.
- Save the settings for ShowModem.exe and Modem_installation to run in compatibility mode with Windows 7. (You can do this by right clicking on each of the files and selecting Troubleshoot Compatibility)
- Now run ShowModem.exe and install the drivers.
- After the installation, restart your PC.
- Connect the modem to your PC and run MMX352G 3G USB manager and it will show ‘No Device’. But don’t worry, the original trick starts from here!
- Now open Control Panel >> Device Manager, then under Other Devices, just uninstall all the drivers related to the modem.
- After that go to Action menu and click on ‘Scan for hardware changes’, then Windows 8 will automatically scan for the changes took place in the hardware and it will be automatically updated. (NOTE: The drivers you uninstalled in the previous step will not be shown under Other Devices after this step also.)
- Now run the MMX352G 3G USB manager installed in your PC, it will definitely work this time.
- Then connect to internet using your MMX 352G USB Modem and enjoy!